The Haacking Club provides a Safe Space for its students. This includes social and emotional safety and educational safety.
- No discrimination for any reason, whether gender/sexual preferences, ideological or political, race/creed/ethnicity
- Positive language and discourse, a culture of learning and thinking collaboratively with others, zero tolerance for put-downs/shaming
- Healthy snacks and beverages during in person competitions to ensure physical and mental safety and space
The Haacking Club has built its Safe Space on the work of others:
- Cultures of Thinking (Harvard Project Zero)
- Open Educational Resources (Creative Commons, OERu)
- Safe Space (Glisten)
- Computer Science Pedagogical Standards (ISTE)
- Free Software (FSF)
- Project-Based-Learning (Buck Institute)
- GNU/Linux (Debian)
- Great Books of Western & Eastern Cultures (St. John’s College)
This is just a small example of some of those who have influenced our work. There are many others!